25 Creative & Exciting Writing Prompts for Kids – Habits like creative writing generate a sense of happiness and self-awareness in kids. But sometimes, it gets tricky to persuade these little angles. You can find a lot of material on the internet about creative writing for kids. But one of the fun and exciting ways to make them enjoy writing is using writing prompts.
Check out our following curated list of 25 engaging writing prompts for kids:-
- What do you love to do with your Parents? Imagine a perfect day with your Mom and Dad and tell us about it?
- Write about what all you will do on your next holiday.
- Let’s talk about family! How many members are there in your family? What is the home town of your family?
- Do you like your name a lot? Tell us why or why not? Would you choose a different name for yourself if given a chance? If yes, then what will that name be?
- Try to remember your most cherished childhood memory? Now write the story of that memory from another person’s point of view who was there with you at that time.
- Describe something you own, which is not very expensive, but it is close to your heart?
- If your mood today would be a color, what color it would be and why?
- Write in detail about that room about your favorite room in your home.
- What is the yummiest meal you ever had?
- Review the last movie you saw. How many stars will you give that movie out of 5?
- Where do you like to sneak in during “hide and seek”, and why?
- If you can go into the world of your favorite story, what will you change in it?
- Do you enjoy writing? If yes, Why?
- Describe an act of kindness done by a stranger for you.
- Write about the furniture which you like in your home.
- Describe a dream you saw which you wish to be true.
- Do you have a pet at your home? If yes, what are the activities you enjoy with your pet? If not, then which pet you would choose to bring home?
- If you are allowed to be an animal, what animal would you like to be, and why?
- Imagine and describe how would it feel to fly in the sky like a bird?
- If you can chat with your pet, what would you guys discuss?
- Has anyone educated you about something in an unforgettable way?
- Describe a food item that you can’t eat? Why do you dislike it so much?
- Where would you love to live? A chilling snowy land or a sunny and warm place? Also, tell us why?
- What do you think is your best quality?
- We are giving you a superpower of your choice! What superpower you would like to take and why?
Also, read easy DIY activities for kids, here.
Take Away! Remember, kids writing may not be right all the time. But your priority as a parent should be to give wings to their imagination and creativity. Mistakes can be corrected later. Start using these super fun writing prompts now to make your child fall in love with writing!
Guest Author Bio:
Samidha Raj works as part of the content marketing team at Planet Spark, a platform that provides online classes to K8 learners on “New Age Skills” like, English Communication, Public Speaking, Grammar, Creative Writing, Debating, etc. She is passionate about empowering the youth by educating parents about the importance of 21st-century skills. In her free time, you can find her watching documentaries or animated movies and organizing game nights (board games are her thing)!
©Dipika Singh. This article is the property of the site’s author. Any unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dipika Singh (Gleefulblogger). With the right and specific direction to the original content.
381 total views, 1 views today