Diwali is one of the most awaited time of the year for everyone. It is the time when we get the chance to meet friends and family, go on a shopping spree, decorate home with easy DIY Diwali craft activities for kids, and the list goes on.
For children, holidays from school and homework let them enjoy the festivities to the fullest. However, this year in 2020 considering administration guidelines, we all will act responsibly and celebrate Diwali at home with virtual parties and safety. To make it a fun-filled experience, we decided to make some interesting and easy Diwali DIY crafts at home with the help of Asian Paints TruGrip CR-8 Orb Adhesive.
Interesting DIY Diwali Decoration Ideas with art and craft for Kids
1. Easy Diwali Kandil DIY made with craft paper
Kandil is a desi lantern avatar used widely for decoration during the festival of lights. Markets are usually brimming with numerous styles of these pretty hanging lanterns. You will find a kandil/paper lantern hanging on every balcony or window during the Diwali holiday season. We (daughter and myself) have joined our creative minds together to recreate some famous easy Diwali crafts for kids using colorful craft paper.
What you need to make paper Kandil?
- Colorful craft papers (contrast colors advisable)
- Decorative sequence/beads/crystals or buttons
- TruGrip CR-8 Orb glue for better hold.
Instructions for making craft paper kandil
- Fold the colored paper into half horizontally, cut slits across the folded side leaving some part from the edge. The slits should be of equal measurement and straight.
- Unfold the paper and join both sides together with Asian Paints TruGrip CR-8 Orb white glue that holds strongly and gives the best grip instantly.
- Decorate the edges with colorful sequences or beads. You can use a lot of creativity here, let the kid have fun with her/his creative mind.
- Stick or staple thread on top of both edges to hang the kandil, if you are using it for table décor place a tea-candle in the center at the bottom.
2. Decorative Rockets using craft papers and TruGrip CR-8 adhesive
Another easy DIY which is very famous as ‘Diwali craft ideas for school‘ among kids is Rocket making. Kids will enjoy creating these cute little glittery rockets to decorate home around Diwali.
All you need to make decorative rockets –
- Colored chart sheet paper or any sturdy paper for creating the base shapes of the rocket
- Craft papers or foam sheet in neon pink, yellow, and green are the best choices
- Glitter stickers and golden frills to create the fire effect
- Quilling tool (optional)
- TruGrip CR-8 white glue for art and crafts.
To make DIY decorative rockets with kids, help them with scissors by cutting rectangles and triangles from the chard sheet. Keep them in contrast colors to better appeal and look. I have used Tru-grip CR-8 glue which is available in colorful and vibrant orbs. Kids love this glue due to its unique shape and easy usage. The best part with Asian Paints TruGrip CR-8 glue is it doesn’t dry out. So, whenever the need arises, just open the orb and it is ready to use.
Pro-Tip: Once the glue orb is over, kids can use it for fun DIY activities.
Now stick the triangle shape on the edge of the rectangle (shown in the above image). Make funky shapes with the help of stencils or cookie-cutter from foam and stick these shapes on the rocket’s rectangular body.
To create a fire effect, stick glittery frills or curl the golden craft paper with the help of a quilling tool or using fingers. Add a few stickers on your rocket! Voila, it’s ready to amplify the home décor during Diwali.
3. Candle Holder using old bangles and CD disk
Diwali candle craft is one of the easiest and most vibrant DIY that every child would love to make and flaunt to their friends. You may use your old colorful bangles for this activity along with a discarded CD disk for the base.
Materials required for easy Diwali DIY with kids –
- Old used bangles, CD disk
- Heavy-duty knife for cutting the old CD
- Decorative stuff like shells, crystals, golden dust
Take CD and place a bangle on top of it, with a pencil or marker outline the inner side of the bangle clearly. Now, cut out the CD tracing the outline. Use a heavy-duty knife to cut the CD, apply glue on the CD, and start adding bangles one on top of the another to make a hollow holder.
Keep adding the bangles on top of each other, once you reach the desired height of the holder stop. Decorate the candle holder using decorative items you have at home and by glitter dust. Place a tea-candle carefully inside, and your DIY candle holder is ready to use and spread the warmth.
These are easy DIY Diwali decoration ideas to be enjoyed with kids at home. Festivals are meant to be enjoyed with fun, love, and frolic. There is nothing as precious as creating these life-time moments. Make sure you capture yours with the warm smiles cheering the joy of togetherness.
I am taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter
COPYRIGHT NOTICE –
@Dipika Singh Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dipika Singh (Gleefulblogger) with right and specific direction to the original content.
7,066 total views, 27 views today