Role of education in the cognitive and psychological development of Children – Education is one of the vital pillars of life. The cognitive development, psychological, and personality aspects, largely feeds from the quality and versatility of the kind of education a person receives from the start. It gives a strategic and valuable insight to shape the cognitive and overall development that kicks start since early school education. The skills and learnings incorporated in children through education, academics, and various other procedures can be worthy of shaping up a human into a fully developed human being. Hence, selecting the right school for your children’s education, since from the early childhood stage, is essential.
Segments of Childhood Education
The education system at the school level is divided mainly into three classes:
- Early childhood – 0-8 years of age is considered the early childhood education stage.
- Middle childhood – 8 -12 years of age are considered for the middle childhood education stage.
- Adolescence – 12 – 18 years of age is considered for the adolescence childhood stage of education.
The early childhood stage is defined as the most crucial time of a child. UNESCO refers to this as a seamless transition from prenatal care to primary school. This concept is rived from European countries. This age group gets the fastest cognitive development. The nervous system consisting of neurons, brain cells, and developments happen rapidly. The ability to comprehend, perceive and reciprocate starts from this phase. Education at this level lets the children learn with knowledge diversity. It helps them grow self-esteem, confidence, insight to set perspective and gradually develops the personality. It is more of learning mainstream academics instead; it teaches through insight and imagination. Education at this level develops cognitive psychological development.
How Orchid International School Helps Kids to Grow –
Orchid, the International School, is one of the perfect CBSE schools in Kolkata to shape your child’s mind, career, and academic excellence. They have implemented the updated technologies to inspire young minds. Experiential learning procedure, unique educational philosophy, digitally-powered learning procedure, robotics, interdisciplinary education, health, nutrition program, sports, and many more. All these scientifically proven methods are incorporated by Orchid international school in the curriculum and learning mode in kids.
Training the Mind to Shape Character –
In the contemporary period, the education system is set in very systematic ways to shape career, cognitive growth and enhance children’s comprehensive skills. With the systematic orientation of data, facts, and figures, children are given the right platform to grow and develop. The strategy and mechanism demonstrate how to adapt data and theory to real life.
For example, a child plays with things, which are not available in real life. However, they consider that to be real and execute the play. Often we find kids playing with kitchen ensembles thinking it to be real. But the food and vegetables are nothing real. This power of imagination helps them perceive a life of action in the kitchen, synchronizing to the kitchen’s real-life. In Montessori schools, we often find such intuitive games and an education system that successfully incorporates children in real life by acting as a transition.
This develops the thought process, reasoning, and logical capabilities of a person. Relating real life with virtual significance sets a platform for psychological growth and development.
Psychological verticals that education influences
Five main verticals that education influences in respect to psychology are:
- Social contextual learning theories
School and academics’ study module systematically influences all these to make an individual mentally healthy with confidence and self-esteem. Sound psychology ensures a successful life.
What is most critical Cognitive Development that education helps to develop
Education helps to develop the eight most important cognitive skills. Those areas are as follows:
- Sustained Attention – It develops the skill of perceiving any matter through listening, thinking, and looking at it. Overall the process can be defined as attention. It is the basic ability to comprehend any matter.
- Response Inhibition – This is a process of inhibiting the responses of impulses of distraction. Some individuals can figure out the priority and inhibit the impulse of distraction, whereas some others get carried away with it.
- Speed of processing information – It is the process of receiving incoming information and enacting it within a specific frame of time. This is a vital part of the intelligent quotient. Those with attention problems cannot achieve a high degree of this information processing.
- Cognitive Flexibility – It is a multi-dimensional ability to get success. It let the brain mold to the thought procedure by changing the perspective of what you think, how you think, and how you sustain attention.
- Multitasking simultaneous attention – It is the ability to multitask and distribute the attention between many tasks at a time. It is a summed-up form of sustained attention, response inhibition, and speed up the information process with strategic planning.
- Memory – It refers to the ability to remember, perceive information, and perform the given task. Its further extended form is working memory, where we keep things like a sketch pad.
- Category Formation – It is a systematic procedure to arrange information, concepts, and skills into specific categories to form a cognitive basis of application, analyze, and evaluate the acquired knowledge or concept systematically. The category is the base of language and formulation.
- Pattern recognition – Inductive thinking or pattern recognition is an extraordinary capability of the brain to find out logic and accordingly make classification patterns. This helps to find out what is going to happen next. It is the basis of all inquiry and scientific resolution.
Classroom Training & Academic Process
The classroom training and academic structure are formed in a way to develop and nurture these cognitive skills in children. Through various subjects and their rearing structure, a person is gradually initiated, trained, and skilled in the structure of psychological and cognitive skill sets.
Development in Learning Procedure
The academic structure in school is designed in a way to develop mental capability and train in a proven platform. Since they are from playgroups, students are guided with systematic training procedures. It uses various instructional procedures, measuring the learning abilities of different individuals. It modifies the behavior of an individual in a desirable direction in between a controlled environment. It logically relates the education and psychological behavior in a connecting environment.
Education is an overall method to construct psychological health, cognitive profoundness, and personality development with knowledge and insight. Hence, all children must be given the right to education. Orchid School is an exemplary solution and the best schools in India to address this concern.
Keep watching this space for more information and updates on children’s physical and mental developments.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE –
@Dipika Singh Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dipika Singh (Gleefulblogger) with the right and specific direction to the original content.