Budget Home Decoration Ideas –
Hello April, the month that brings fervor and anxiety in every blogger’s life. This is the month of the most coveted A2Z Challenge, writing 26 blog posts in one month, except on Sundays. I have been participating religiously in this challenge for the past 3 years, and this year the theme of my A2Z series is something I am currently obsessed with, i.e. Home Decor Ideas.
An Honest Confession – ever since we have shifted to this beautiful house two years ago, my mind is racing to make it as beautiful as a dream with minimalist changes (rented property) and under nominal budget. In the beginning, most of my time would go in scrolling the GoodHouseKeeping website or other similar home decor platforms.
The lockdown helped in thinking right with lesser impulsive purchases and re-visiting ideas to work with limited resources. This made me realize, you actually don’t need a fat budget to decorate any area/corner or even a home for that matter. All you need the right idea, local know-how, artesian marts, excess to e-commerce sites, and plenty of patience.
Disclaimer – I am not an expert in the field, nor hold any degree/diploma/certificate claiming to be one. These ideas come from my personal experience and after running various trial-n-errors on the job. Readers’ discretion is advised.
A – Artificial Flowers for your Living Room – Budget Home Decor Ideas
The most affordable and durable budget home decor item – artificial flowers for your living room placed at the right places with correct fit vases. The markets and e-commerce websites offer a huge range of artificial flowers for home decoration, based on your taste, requirements, and area placement. I prefer to place them near big furniture, or at the corners to fill up empty space and give a fresh look.
Easy Decoration with Artificial/Plastic Plants –
Artificial plants are not a substitute for real green plant babies, but just an adjustment to create a greener-fresh look. Under budget home decor solution to those who have a smaller space with no direct/indirect sunlight and time to care for real plants.
- Faux Florals no more carry the tag of ‘fake’ or ‘tacky’, as now we have a plethora of high-quality options to choose from. Also, with the wide variety and global marketplaces, the ideas change the look and feel of the artificial flower decoration ideas.
- Choose flowers in realistic colors and vibes. The markets are filled with cheap copies of realistic plants, avoid going for heavy bargains on this front, as this will be your once-in-year purchase. The idea is to give fake a realistic twist as budget home decor.
- Placing the appropriate artificial florals in your living area also provides a similar calming effect as green plants but in a maintenance-free style. (real-plants have therapeutic benefits, faux plants are just an adjustment for busy folks)
- Stick to the flowers that are available in your local areas, or nation. They look realistic and blend with the home vibes. Prefer to pick only those faux flowers that you often see at the local florists.
- Never repeat the same look of flower placements, as it will create boredom and the whole purpose of having that in the first place will be failed. Change places and vases, mix-n-match with the new purchase, or they can also be converted into hanging planters.
- Don’t over-do it, granny’s budget home decor tip – never go overboard when you are trying something new. The same goes with artificial flowers, stick to the old game of lesser the better.
- For a realistic and luxurious appeal to your faux flowers bunch, mix them in different textures, exactly the way our florist does. Varied textures add appeal to the bunch.
- Invest in glass vases in different sizes and match them up with the height of your flowers. Give your vases real-illusion by adding water or soil placement in a see-through glass vase.
Along with the budget home decor ideas, also, read Best gifting ideas for your loved one, here.
How to Maintain Artificial Plants?
The best part of investing in plastic plants, they come with zero maintenance tag. However, a few tips to keep your plastic plants fresh and good-looking for a longer period are as follows –
- Invest in good quality artificial plants only, purchase superior quality plastic plants, as they carry a more realistic look. Go for branded sticks from IKEA or Home Centre, mixed with the local labels which provide good quality flowers. Fake it right under budget home decor.
- Place the artificial plants at the places least visited by kids or pets at home. Inform everyone in the household, the plants are made of plastic and can be dangerous.
- Keep the faux flowers clean and dust-free, a simple soap and water wash or spray would do the magic. Do-not machine-wash your plastic flowers. Prefer to pick them in washable material.
- Keep the heaters or candles away from the plastic plants.
- Never use plastic containers/vases for your artificial flowers, for a realistic look and feel, keep them in glass vases with marbles/pebbles at the bottom.
I love playing around with the artificial plants/flowers in my living area, adjusting them monthly across the room or on the decorative shelves. The key to decorating any home under a budget is, keeping it minimal and not go overboard. In this entire series, I will share various budget home decor ideas that help us spruce up our living space.
This post is part of the #BlogchatterA2Z challenge by Blogchatter
COPYRIGHT NOTICE –
© Dipika Singh. Unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dipika Singh (Gleefulblogger). With the right and specific direction to the original content.
591 total views, 2 views today