- Be clear what you wish to talk/discuss about – Instead of waiting for them to decipher your hidden message or understand your intentions, please be kind and generous wife – cut the clutter. Talk it direct, no need to; ‘What I meant was/is….’, etc. Diplomacy looks good in MEA & Parliament.
- Be a good listener yourself – give him time to share his view too; just because you have a pre-notion in head, doesn’t mean other’s cannot have an opinion. Hold your horses and hear him out; regardless of the fact – You are always CORRECT!
- Set the mood right – get talking over snacks/tea/coffee have light conversations, keep the moment happy and then slowly seek/discuss about the issue in hand. A good communicator always gauge the mood of respondent, so wake your sixth sense and then shoot.
- Let bygones be bygones – we have a habit of pulling all three tenses together – past, present & future – let past be past and talk only about the matter of ‘TODAY’. You have excellent memory, he already knows that 😉
- Keep the Blame Game at bay – I am natural pro in this; “we are stuck in this situation because you have not heard me properly!” make sure not to use such accusing statements, if you wish to have future conversations happy & smooth. Keep the temperament in control, there are definitely other ways to show who dominates the show…
- Play the women card – I do not shy away from using this trump card, but only in front of my better half and it always worked well 😉 (hope he never reads this one) make a innocent/troubled face, confused gestures, damsel in distress – my knight in shining armor always more than eager to help… 😀
I know my husband since 14 years, with 9 years living together now we know each other inside-out, there are many times when he knows what I am thinking or going to say. But this never suffice my urge to discuss things or throw tantrums when he doesn’t listen…. however, I know this crystal clear – he is THE ONE who is my anti-depressant/stress-buster 🙂
Hope you like the nifty tips, please share your treasure tricks too… remember sharing is LOVE.
Linking this post with #Mondaymommymoments with Amrita and Deepa. Thanks to these lovely ladies for featuring me as winner of #MMM last week… I am honored to be a part of #MMM family.
7,996 total views, 3 views today