No one likes to be angry or screaming all the time, but we all have those moments when sanity leaves us temporarily and we end up yelling/fuming/screaming a lunatic’s way. Once the tide of this outburst fades away, we end up being – guilty! Guilty of behaving a particular way which we despise, does this happens with you?? If yes, welcome aboard dear friend – today we will talk about the reasons mommies get angry and how to self-control it – Anger Management.
Anger management – spy mom
Firstly identify the weak points where you loose self control and transform into a screaming ‘monster‘, it could be as trivial as kid not listening or being adamant or any x.y.z. reason.. most important is use your best weapon – instincts and chart down the reasons we loose our grip on controlling anger. Say for example in my case I loose my sanity over two things –
- when she doesn’t listen to me, even after saying it multiple times
- if she still doesn’t understand why I am telling her to STOP trillionth time.
I know, we all sailing in the same boat – that’s what ‘mommyhood’ is all about isn’t it? As a parent, we are balancing many different hats at one go – work, home, kid, social, family, etc… hence it is natural to loose our turf at times and yell on the most loved treasures of our live’s – KIDS when they don’t cooperate or things go hay wire. Apart from kids associated stress there are many other factors which can lead to being agitated/irritated, like –
- lifestyle related stress
- uneven sleep pattern
- dehydrated body
- weakness, etc.
So, once our 007 James Bond kind of spying tells us the reasons of falling prey to ANGER we are one step close to solving the problem – via Anger Management Tips & Techniques.
Anger management – ideas to self-control anger
I firmly believe in self-healing or self-controlling process, our brain has capability of moving mountains (not quite literally please) when determined. Hence, managing anger related issues which are by-products of our life-style or stress is just a fickle. Here are some easy ways to keep the hooter under tight control –
- Calm Down and Relax –
- Best calm down activity that I do when anger attack struck my sanity is – Drink Water. Yes, as easy as that – drink a glass full of water and count 1 – 10 or 100 depending upon your temperament 😉
- Relax, take deep breaths and listen to yourself – once you listen to your agitated voice or shrill, brains instantly command’s you to slow down.
- Do what you like most – cooking, listening to music, writing, having tea, dancing or whatever pleases you.
- Have you picked up Yoga/Meditation yet –
- I am still learning the art of self restraining by concentrating all energy via meditation, it is something I recommend to all my readers. Benefits of Meditation & Yoga is known to all, but this is the time to take a step towards implementation
- Start from beginner resources available online, or enrol in yoga class easy do-at-home yoga/meditation tricks also help in relaxation and boosting self control.
- Accept and move on – It’s alright if you have committed a mistake, after all we are all human first and then Mommy. Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word – Elton John said so 😉 but yes saying Sorry to the victims of our outburst is healthy, it releases us from in-built guilt. (though when the victim is husband, it’s tough to cough up sorry 😀 ) This is the most effective trick of Anger Management.
- Practice makes a Mom perfect – keep practising the habits, things, remedies, tricks that keep your anger at bay. Failed once, twice, thrice makes you so rich with experience that you will outshine.
- Take a Day Off – plan a day out with friends or go on a shopping hike or self pampering regime, anything that gives you a break from monotony of daily routine. Pro Tip – Keep daddy dear as baby-sitter and enjoy your day out. (trust me all the parties will love that, read here)
- Keep a close watch – Be watchful, even when you loosing grip on your anger make sure a strict control over your limbs. Hitting in anger would be the worst lesson you ever wish to teach your child, if the situation gets so out of control – the best remedy is leave that place for a while. Once, the senses comes back in your control talk it out and let it GO.
Always remember what our great book of wisdom says –
“Hell has three gates – lust, ANGER and greed”. – Bhagavad Gita
I would love to learn more about the Anger Management from all you readers, please share some tips and techniques you adopt to control Yelling 🙂
2,679 total views, 3 views today