ICICI Bank Customers can now pay their utility bills and create a Fixed Deposit just by sending a simple message on WhatsApp. Yes, this is revolutionized digitalization in social-distancing times. ICICI Bank WhatsApp Banking service is an extraordinary leap by any financial institution to provide an easy on-the-go banking experience to its customers.
Before we go any further with the details on ICICI Bank WhatsApp Banking, let us just stop for a moment and revisit the old banking era. ICICI Bank is a generic name that transformed Indian banking scenes back in the 90s.
I remember opening my first salary account in ICICI Bank, in 2005. Holding a sleek brand-new account kit instantly filled me with a sense of financial freedom and growth. Over years this relation is grown with pride and convenience.
WhatsApp Banking with ICICI Bank:
With the Digital India movement, I was among the first movers to change my payment preferences from offline to online. There are various digital payment gateways available in the market to experience easy financial user-interface freedom. However, safety and security are always my main concerns. Nothing is more trusted than your own Bank.
ICICI Bank recently launched its WhatsApp Banking services for enhancing the ultimate customer experience. With the new addition of paying utility bills and creating a fixed deposit (FD) on the go just by sending a WhatsApp message to a dedicated number. This makes ICICI Bank the first financial institution in the industry to provide WhatsApp Banking to its customers.
Say Hi to ICICI Bank WhatsApp Banking:
So, paying the utility bills like electricity, gas, or phone bills has never been so easy. All a customer has to do is just send ‘Hi’ to an ICICI Bank WhatsApp Banking dedicated number. Or if you are planning to invest money in an FD (fixed deposit) for a secured future, easy WhatsApp banking comes to the rescue. Who has thought investing in FD would be so easy?
ICICI Bank’s WhatsApp Banking facilities aren’t just limited to retail customers like you and me, there are a plethora of financial services available for Corporate clients and owners of MSMEs (micro, small, and medium enterprises). Services like –
Open a fixed deposit (FD) on-the-go with ICICI Bank’s newly launched service on the #ICICIBankWhatsAppBanking platform in just a few clicks.— ICICI Bank (@ICICIBank) October 22, 2020
Try it today!
Simply say ‘Fixed Deposit’ to ‘8640086400’ from your registered mobile number.
More here: https://t.co/ZBvE5MnPe0 pic.twitter.com/xwZH8pwXgW
- Check trade finance related services like customer ID,
- Import Export (IE) code,
- Can limit the availability of all credit facilities availed from the bank.
- Also, check the status of pending inward remittances and history of inward remittances on-the-go.
These easy banking on-the-go services are available to a few selected corporates currently and will be rolled out for every corporate customer very soon. For retail customers, services like recharging the pre-paid mobile balance will be launched in the coming days.
How to Start using WhatsApp Banking?
To avail of these services on WhatsApp messenger, ICICI Bank customers need to follow the following steps –
- Save the number and send Hi – Dedicated WhatsApp banking number provided by ICICI Bank is 8640086400, add and save this number in the phone’s contact list now send a Hi from the mobile number registered with the Bank using WhatsApp messenger.
- Bank will instantly revert with the list of services available. To check the list of services available on WhatsApp banking, click here.
Benefits of using WhatsApp Banking by ICICI Bank:
- Hassle-free, convenient, and easy to use for all customers, even those who are not very familiar with the overall banking procedures or processes.
- Saves time – within just a few clicks customers can avail of various easy banking services.
- Available 24/7 *356 days even on the holidays. So, now you can stop missing bill due-date deadlines and bank stress-free with ICICI Bank.
- Secured way of banking, all the messages of ICICI Bank WhatsApp banking are end-to-end encrypted, that simply means no one can hack or misuse these messages. The banking details remain safe between the customer and the bank only.
- Non-ICICI Bank customers can also use WhatsApp banking services to locate ICICI Bank’s ATM near them and to learn about the available offers with the bank.
- ICICI Bank credit card holders can also avail of this service for checking their credit limit and Block/Unblock the card.
- The WhatsApp Banking service is also available in Hindi.
ICICI Bank has launched many services on WhatsApp messenger in the span of the last six months. With the addition of these new services, the bank offers a plethora of 25 easy banking services on the go. In lieu of social-distancing and Covid19 pandemic threat, the customers have easy access to banking services via the popular messenger app.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE –
© Dipika Singh. Unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dipika Singh (Gleefulblogger). With the right and specific direction to the original content.
6,258 total views, 1 views today