Funny and emotional Raksha Bandhan quotes for your sibling – Raksha Bandhan also known as Rakhi Purnima or ‘Rakhi’ is celebrated on the full moon day, in the auspicious month of Shravan. This festival commemorates the special bond of love between siblings.
Raksha Bandhan will be celebrated on Thursday, 11th August 2022. This is one of the most significant Hindu Festivals and marks legendary stories from ancient history.
On this day, the sisters tie a special thread, called ‘rakhi’ on their brother’s wrist and pray for their long life and safety. In return, brothers take an oath to always protect and support their sisters. Though over the years the focal point of the festival has evolved and transitioned into a celebration of sibling love, the traditional values remain intact.
Traditions and Customs of Celebrating Raksha Bandhan in India
As a Hindu festival, the traditions followed to celebrate Raksha Bandhan remain unchanged over the decades. On the day of Rakhi, women decorate the home with rangoli at the door, prepare festive food, and pray for everyone’s well-being and safety.
In most Indian homes, the day of RakshaBandhan begins by tying a rakhi to either Lord Ganesha or Lord Krishna. Afterward, the sisters tie the auspicious rakhi on their brother’s wrist to commemorate the Rakhi Ceremony. They also put tilak (red colored powder on the forehead with akshat) on their brother’s forehead. The ceremony ends on a sweet note by sharing mithai (Indian Desserts) and giving special Rakhi gifts to each other.
Best Raksha Bandhan Quotes, Rakhi Status, and Messages
Raksha Bandhan is a festival that celebrates the love and special bond between siblings, no matter how far you are from the sibling. Distance or not, the emotions and love reach their destination, all you need is the right words.
Today we are going to share Raksha Bandhan Quotes, Rakhi Status, and Messages which you can send to your sister and brother and make them feel special. Here are some funny and emotional quotes for your sibling this Raksha Bandhan.
Raksha Bandha Quotes for Brothers
Raksha Bandhan Quotes for your brother, celebrate the special bond of love for your brother with these quotes.
- As long as you are by my side, I don’t need anyone else. Thank you so much, for your love and support. You’re the best brother a sister can ask for. Happy Rakhi Brother!!
- A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self.”– Marian Sandmaier
- “Being a big sister is to love your brother, even if he does not want it or love you in return.”- Unknown
- Together we are the best partners in crime and no one could ever beat us. Happy Rakshabandhan to my sweet sister.
- Relationships are like candles. If not taken care of, would melt and lose. Happy Rakshabandhan!
- My dear brother, you are the most special person in my life and I want to thank you for everything. I wish you a very happy Raksha Bandhan.
- “Rakhi is just an excuse for me to express how much I love and care for you. You mean the world to me and I hope that you know that. I am missing you a lot on this Rakhi.”
Funny Rakhi Messaages for Brothers and Sisters
Funny Raksha Bandhan quotes and messages for siblings to enjoy the special occassion of Rakhi.
- My dear little sister, I will always be your guiding angel, no matter how our life takes turn. You are my precious munchkin and will always be. No one can take your place, ever. Happy Raksha Bandhan Sister.
- Many many wishes for the Rakshabandhan, Bro. I’ll pray to God to make all your bad wishes come true if you are going to come without a gift this year too.
- You are like a coconut, hard shell from the outside, but cool and tender from inside, big brother. Happy Raksha Bandhan to the coolest big brother in the world.
- I promise to be by your side for life* (don’t forget to read the T&C) No coffee bills, No saving weekly laundry duties, No agreeing to late movie shows. Rest I am all yours, sissy. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- I feel proud to have a sister like you. Be the same strong-minded girl always!! Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Hey sister!! I may be younger you but strong enough to protect you from any evil. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Your happiness is my world my baby sister!! Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Life is beautiful and entertaining because of you my drama queen of a sister. Jug Jug Jiyo and sadaa aisi hi raho.
Raksha Bandhan Wishes
Share your feelings and love for siblings with these lovely Raksha Bandhan quotes and wishes.
- My wishes and love to my dear brother. Happy Raksha Bandhan brother! Thanks for being the most amazing brother and my best friend for life.
- May this Rakhi bring you luck and success, my baby brother. May all your dreams come true! Wish you a very happy and prosperous Raksha Bandhan.
- Happy RakshaBandhan to the world’s best big brother. You have been my pillar of strength, saved me when I needed it the most. Thank you for giving me the wings to fly and always having my back. Your unconditional support is my life’s treasure. – Dipika Singh
- No matter how much you fight with me bro, you can’t deny that I am smarter than you and dad’s favorite. So, next year try a better gift for me. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- This Raksha Bandhan, I pray to God that, may our bond of love continue to grow stronger with each passing year. Happy Rakhi!
- Missing the fights and enormous love that we shared in our childhood days. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Thank you for being my first best friend and a bidy guard for life, bhai. Happy Raksha Bandhan to you!
©Dipika Singh. The unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links are used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dipika Singh (Gleefulblogger). With the right and specific direction to the original content.