Festivals bring joy, happiness, harmony, celebrations and togetherness. Being in India makes it little more special as the festivals here not only bring cheers but also loads of colors, fun and frolic along with dedicated planning & preparations.
I remember the days from my childhood when mother along with aunts and other members would start preparing for festivals well in advance by making lists of things to-do, planning dishes, listing the gifts, deciding on dresses etc. It was fun for us for sure, but never understood the planning and scheduling gone into it then.
Today, when I am in my mother’s shoes (umm.. flip-flops here) planning the festival agenda is much trouble-less and uncomplicated; thanks to lots of options available today online & offline.
Festival Shopping requires proper planning and exploring different avenues of getting good stuff for home-furnishing as well fashion at affordable prizes without compromising on quality and style.
Budget Festival Shopping for Home & Kitchen
Home furnishing and kitchen needs are the first priority for me when it comes to festivals, of-course home must look good and appealing when guests arrive plus best should come our from kitchen too.
- I believe in recycling with little addition of new, take handy helps from DIY tips available online we can create magic from old also. Just by adding new colored LED lights into empty jam jars from your kitchen can add magic into living room & decor.
- Check out the local markets for special days – here in Mumbai we have budhwaar bazaar (Wednesday open market) where villagers get their local produce and sell at real good bargain.. I have got many artifacts from such open day fairs.
- Factory Outlets is not always for seconds – I love exploring factory outlets during festivals seasons, just last time around Diwali a Top class home furnishing brand of India gave away world-class carpets & rugs at throwaway prizes. It was a fair loot 😉
- Fill kitchen ration on the SALE days at hyper stores or super markets, like every Wednesday Big Bazaar gives amazing offers & discounts on groceries. HYPERCity also gives cashback offers and huge discounts on in-house brands. I fill up my quota of dry fruits, snacks, daily staples, during such discounted days.
Budget Fashion shopping for entire family
Festival time everyone expects new dresses and best of fashion to flaunt around, we have been to this at our age and now kids demands the same. Latest in the list is a gown like frozen princess – Elsa! Here, I follow foot steps of my mother and plan in advance; New and fancy dresses for every occasion beginning from Navratri, then Karva-Chauth to Diwali, Christmas & New – Year Eve.
- SALE SALE SALE – this is the best time to plan in advance and save money for the right time to spend; every big brand banner comes with best of SALES during festival times – Shoppers Stop, Lifestyle, Pantaloons, Marks & Spences, Centrals, you name it and they have offers to invite you. I plan my shopping list ahead of these SALE and spend checking the best prices offered.
- Online – I am online window shopping addict; love exploring multiple windows at different shopping apps and comparing the best discounts, prices offered. Myntra, Amazon fashion, Flipkart, Shopclues, Paytm, Snapdeal these are just few famous online shopping apps to fill your shopping carts and bring home goodies without much sweat.
- Refurbish the old one – YES! I had this old benarsi saree of mother which gave away due to age and was torn just a bit in middle. :Loved the pastel green color and silk was still intact well, hence I spoke to my designer friend and she transformed that beautiful saree into a straight long kurta to be paired with slim pants. I saved here on buying SILK which would have been costed a bomb, and luckily for me pants got matched from my stash itself.
- Make-up & Accessories – check out for giveaways on Instagram or Facebook pages of fellow beauty bloggers or brands offering heavy discounts on purchase from their stock. For accessories, handicraft fairs offer huge options and again come up with handy bargains.
These are just few tips from my board when it comes to festival budget shopping, the whole idea is to Plan, Schedule and Execute on time. Also, talking about money and saving at the same time also teach the most valuable lesson to kids – Save money for better. Do share your valuable tips on How You Plan To Spend & Save During Festivals.
Linking this post with Amrita or Deepa for #Mondaymommymoments
“I am taking My Alexa rank to the next level with #MyFriendAlexa by Blogchatter”
My Alexa Rank today on 24th September 2017 is:
Global – 760,784 Indian – 32,132