Happy Diwali & Shubh Dhanteras everyone! May Goddess of wealth & fulfillment always shine bright in your life.
Diwali is most loved festival in our family, the day when we celebrate happiness with near & dear friends & family. I like decorating house and making some delicious dishes for guests. This time however, due to little issues with health I could not manage many but few. But then, when few can leave a better mark than many – why do we need more?
Guess what – Dr. Oetker FunFoods came to my rescue. With the magic of delicious and nutritious foods, I could create a great platter of dishes. Indulge in some finger-licking recipes, specially curated for the festive season by Chef Gaurav Chadha, In-house Chef, Dr. Oetker India Pvt. Ltd. FunFoods by Dr. Oetker promises you a good time this festive season!
1. Nacho and Corn Chaat – Delicious & Nutritious by Dr. Oetkar’s using Funfood magic.
The best dish to serve at the beginning of feasting. Servings: 2. Level Beginner. Preparation time: 15 Minutes
1 small Onion, chopped
2-3 Green Chilly, chopped
1 medium Tomato, chopped
3-4 Coriander Leaves, chopped
60 g (4 tbsp) Dr. Oetker FunFoods Veg Mayonnaise Original
1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
1 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
100 g Nachos, Jalapeno flavour
60 g Sweet Corn Kernels, warm
1 tbsp Sev
- In a bowl, add onion, green chilies, tomato, coriander, mayonnaise, ketchup, chaat masala, red chili powder and black salt. Mix well
- For Assembling: Place nachos around the plate, add above mixture in the middle, sprinkle corn. Garnish with sev and serve.
2. Potato and Mayonnaise Chaat – another treasure using Dr. Oetkar’s Funfood magic.
Servings: 2. Level: Beginner. Preparation time: 15 Minutes. Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
200 g Baby Potato, boiled (use with skin potato)
1 tbsp Mix Dry Italian Herbs (Oregano, Basil, Thyme and Parsley)
2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
Black Pepper Powder
60 g (4 tbsp) Dr. Oetker FunFoods Veg Mayonnaise Garlic
2 tbsp Refined Flour
2 tbsp Corn Flour
50 ml Water
100 ml Vegetable Oil
2-3 no Spring Onion, chopped
- Gently press the potatoes, using your hands and keep them aside.
- For Cajun Spice Mix: In a bowl, add mix Italian herbs, red chilli powder, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- In another bowl, add 1 tbsp mayonnaise, refined flour, corn flour, water and Cajun spice. Mix well until smooth mixture is formed. Add potatoes and gently mix.
- Heat oil in a kadhai (medium flame) and deep fry above potatoes for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- In a bowl, add spring onion, remaining mayonnaise and fried potatoes. Gently mix well and serve hot.
3. Peanut Butter Kachori – Kachori recipe using Dr. Oetkar’s Funfood magic
Servings: 4. Level: Intermediate. Preparation Time: 20 Minutes. Cooking Time: 30 Minutes.
1 tbsp Desiccated Coconut Powder
50 g (3 tbsp) Dr. Oetker FunFoods Peanut Butter Crunchy
2 tbsp Almonds, chopped
2 tbsp Cashewnut, chopped
250 g Refined Flour
30 g (2 tbsp) Sugar
50 g (3tbsp) Clarified Butter
100 ml Water
500 ml Vegetable Oil
- For stuffing-In a bowl mix coconut, peanut Butter, almonds and cashews.
- In another bowl, mix flour, sugar, ghee & water. Knead until dough is smooth. Divide dough into 15 equal balls.
- Roll each ball into 6inch dia. round chapatti. Place 1tbsp of stuffing in centre, pull the edges of the dough to wrap the filling & give shape of kachori.
- Heat oil (low flame) in kadhai, fry kachori until golden brown in color. Serve.
4. Sago Pudding
Servings: 2. Level: Beginner. Preparation Time: 20 Minutes. Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
300 ml Full Cream Milk
100 gm Sago (Sabudana), soaked in cold water for 1 hour
½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
¼ tsp Vanilla Essence
100 gm Sugar
50 g (3 tbsp) Dr. Oetker FunFoods Veg Mayonnaise Original
3 tsp Berry Compote
½ medium Apple, sliced
1 Mint Sprig
- Heat saucepan (low flame), add milk, sago, cinnamon powder and vanilla essence. Keep stirring until mixture starts to boil.
- Add sugar and mayonnaise to above mixture. Stir and cook until mixture thickens. Keep it aside to cool.
- Add berry compote at bottom of glass or serving bowl, pour over the pudding, garnish it with apple, mint and serve.Tip: Instead of berry compote, you can also use fruit jam.
Do let us know which one is your favorite and you would try out this Festive season.
I’m taking part in the Write Tribe ProBlogger Challenge.
Disclaimer – these recipes are curated specially for the festive season by Chef Gaurav Chadha, In-house Chef, Dr. Oetker India Pvt. Ltd. FunFoods by Dr. Oetker.
3,687 total views, 9 views today